Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Night Lights

Doesn't Friday just make you want to do the happy dance that so many of us have gotten emailed to us a MILLION times?! Something about the coming weekend gets us so excited, never mind if most of you sit around with nothing to do, complaining about how Charlotte has no "really nice" clubs and hang-out spots...Well, we're here to show you that there are plenty of places to go on Friday and Saturday nights, if you just know where to go! Now, if you're reading this, chances are you already have plenty of swagga :), but don't take our word for it...


P.S. Click here www.thebeautifulclub.com to check out one of the best kept secrets when it comes to Charlotte nighlife and let everybody know you heard it here first!




Damn, Michael Vick. The latest news on the superstar QB is that his lawyers are still working out a plea agreement since three of his co-defendants in the dogfighting case have entered their own agreements. Can ya'll really believe that he might go to prison for a year for this?! Check out the community section of www.allhiphop.com for more info on the sports story that has everyone buzzing...



And shout out to our local talent, I was sent this poem yesterday by one of our readers, and it is definitely something to inspire you on this great Friday!!! Think about your life people, you and God are the only ones with the power to change it...enjoy and see ya next week!!



I Can’t Hear You When You Talk Like That!!!!!
By Janette Laura Johnson

I can’t hear you when you talk like that
When you say you can’t achieve

I can’t hear you when you talk like that
When you doubt and don’t believe

I can’t hear you when you talk like that
When you say you’ve given up on hope

I can’t hear you when you talk like that
When you say you are no longer able to cope

I can’t hear you when you talk like that
When you say you’ve given up on your dreams

I can’t hear you when you talk like that
When you say you no longer possess any self-esteem

I can’t hear you when you talk like that
So I reject any of your negativity
Nor will I allow you to sit and wallow in your own self-pity

Don’t you dare tell me it’s the skills or abilities that you so sorely lack
Because when those rap songs come on 106.3
Girl……..You have all the words down pat

Don’t you know that you are a precious gift from God
all cleaned up and beautifully wrapped?
Don’t you realize you have an abundance of talents
That you haven’t even begun to tap?

Oh wait a minute…..
Did you just say you’ll give it one more try?
Did I hear you say that it IS possible to reach the distant sky?
Did I hear you say you’ll at least make an attempt to reach your life long goal?
Maybe, just maybe all of my nagging has finally begun to take its toll!!!

Because now I can hear you. Oh I can hear you loud and clear!
You’re saying you will excel and in time you’ll persevere
So keep on talking because now you’re on the right track

Yes, I can clearly hear you when you start to talk like that!!





Feel free to send us your comments, we would love to hear what you think about us!!


P.S...We give you what you crave, not just what you want!

No comments: